“A tenacious US Senator finds proof that it was
much more than an iceberg that sank the Titanic
—but no one believes him”
“Titanic: The Hidden Evidence“ reveals for the first time what really happened to the Titanic and Senator William Alden Smith’s determined effort to expose the truth about it. The fast-paced, narrative non-fiction account uses actual recorded dialog and testimony whenever possible and draws heavily from firsthand accounts of survivors.
- The Titanic was forced by J.P. Morgan to sail to America with unfinished rooms, missing equipment and watertight doors that did not always close.
- The Titanic’s senior wireless operator saw an iceberg off to the side of the Titanic 10 minutes before the accident as he delivered the Californian’s last ice message to the bridge.
- The Titanic was already turning away from the iceberg when the lookout called the bridge to report an iceberg.
- How the Titanic would have stayed afloat for at least 24 hours if not for the first hydrogen gas explosion.
- The Titanic was only going half speed or less at the time of the accident, not full speed as widely believed.
Discover the truth that Senator William Alden Smith
tried to get out over a century ago!
About the Author: John Wickman has been an aerospace engineer since 1973. He has designed propulsion systems for the MX missile, Small Launch Vehicle, rocket and jet engines for use on Mars, rocket engines using lunar soil propellant and solid propellant satellite thrusters. During his career, Mr. Wickman established a reputation for finding the cause of engineering failures and identifying the solution. He did this for the Minuteman ICBM and Polaris missiles, which lead to re-manufacturing programs for both of them. After the Space Shuttle Challenger accident, Wickman was hired by Morton-Thiokol to find out why the solid rocket boosters failed and provide guidelines for the new design. His engineering experience was crucial in analyzing the Titanic blueprints, wreckage and sifting through eyewitness accounts and documents to determine the factual reasons for the Titanic sinking.
One of the Titanic myths is that it took a long time for the ship to turn at full speed. Every movie shows the Titanic’s helm wheel turned hard over as the crew and officers wait and wait for the ship to turn away from the iceberg. In fact, the Titanic was extremely maneuverable as were all the Olympic class ships.
- Language: English
- Narrative non-fiction
- Binding: Perfect-bound Paperback
- Interior Ink: Black & white
- Weight: 2.6 lbs.
- Dimensions (inches): 8.5 wide x 11 tall
- Product ID: 23699416
- ISBN: 978-0-9841800-0-4
- Retail Price: $29.95 (On Sale Now for $24.95!!)
For orders within the United States, click on the Buy Now button below. Select either media mailing or priority mailing from the drop-down menu.